Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Modo Energy Limited (“we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information you disclose:
- We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering as a user of our Services and expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services, or otherwise contacting us.
- The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and our Services.
- All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. [When we retain data provided by you, we retain it as you provide it to us and cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies in that data provided.]
Information automatically collected
- We automatically collect certain information when you use or navigate our Services.
- This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our and other technical information.
- This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies (see below)
- We only process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us consent to use your personal information.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology in the performance of the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We would like to send you information about additional services that we may offer which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
- We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you specifically consent by ticking the relevant boxes when you complete the online registration or where you give your consent by other means.
- If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time using the means provided in each marketing medium (for example, the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email).
- We may transfer your personal information to locations outside the United Kingdom (UK) and European Economic Area (EEA) as necessary under clause 2.
- Not all countries outside the UK or the EEA have the same data protection laws as the UK and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the UK and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to an arrangement designed to help safeguard your rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. To obtain a copy of such arrangement please contact us for further information.
- We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the UK or
- the EEA.
- If you are not satisfied with these arrangements then you should discontinue the use of the service.
- Our Services may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services or mobile applications.
- We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties.
- We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from our Services.
- Users should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
- Personal data of users in the UK and EU territories or EU citizens is regulated, in particular, by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) as implemented in the UK. In addition, legislation specific to the regions in which we operate may determine additional requirements.
- The personal data of users in the UK, as at the date of these terms follows the EU GDPR. Following the end of the Brexit transition period there is a moratorium where the rules of the UK and the EU remain aligned. Where there is any divergence between the UK and the EU rules we will comply with the UK legislation and will follow UK law on personal data.
- You may review, request modifications, or (in accordance with the Terms of Service) terminate your account at any time.
- You have the rights to:
- access your personal information;
- rectify your personal information, by requesting that we update, block, or delete data if it is incomplete, outdated, incorrect, unlawfully received, or no longer relevant for the purpose of processing;
- restrict the use of your personal information;
- request that your personal information is erased;
- object to the processing of your personal information;
- data portability (in certain specific circumstances);
- not be subjected to an automated decision; and
- to independently remove personal information on your account, make changes and corrections provided that the changes and corrections are accurate and up-to-date.
- If you are resident in the UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
- Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected.
- No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalised. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, or wish to review, update or delete your personal information you may email us at email@example.com, or by post to:
Modo Energy Limited
Floor 20, Alpha Tower,